Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Weightloss Journey

March 22, 2009, was the first day of my weightloss journey. It was what I called my "nothing good" diet, lol. I gave up junk food, fast food, fried food...pretty well everything processed. I started eating more protein (meat is not my favorite thing to eat), more vegetables and more fruits. I also decreased the starches in my diet. I now only eat 3 meals a day. I find that when I eat snacks that I overeat them and when I allow myself to have some of my "nothing good" foods that I lack self-control and I gorge myself.

My journey has not been easy. I went 11 weeks without cheating when I began but then had to accept that there was no way that I will be able to live my life that way. Now I allow a cheat once a month. Although in July, I fell off of the wagon for 3 days one week. I will soon hope to change that to one cheat every three weeks and then to one cheat every two weeks and then finally to one cheat every week. I'm also having cheat "days". Once I decrease the length of how long I wait to have a cheat day, I would also like to have only one cheat meal.

I started my journey weighing 240.8 lbs and my goal weight had been 150 lbs.
As of August 1st, 2009, I have lost 46.3 lbs. I still have 44.5 lbs to go and hope to reach my goal weight before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment